– Students entering the 2-year-old program must be 2 by September 1.
– Students entering the 3-year-old program must be 3 by September 1 and must be fully toilet trained.
– Similarly, 4-year-olds must be 4 by September 1.
A parent interview is required for preschool applicants.
Bethany admits elementary and middle school students on the basis of academic performance, personal qualifications, and a family interview. BCS is an outreach school that accepts students regardless of parental faith assuming parental consent to Christian teachings. If applicable, transcripts and recommendations from previous schools are required. An entrance examination is required for students entering Kindergarten through Grade 8. Under most circumstances, Bethany accepts only students performing at grade level or above.
The required documents must accompany all student applications:
– Completed student application
– A one-time, non-refundable fee application fee
– Copy of student’s birth certificate or passport
– Florida Department of Health Certification of Immunization (Form 680, from doctor)
– Florida Department of Health School Entry Exam form (Form 3040, from doctor)
– Signed Alternate Nutrition Plan (preschool students only)
– A copy of the student’s most recent report card and standardized test scores(Kindergarten—8th grade only)
– A copy of any and all reports from outside agencies (educational psychologist, private tutor, etc.)
BCS will notify each student of their acceptance as a student at BCS in writing. Bethany reserves the right to place a student at the appropriate grade level. All new students are accepted on both an academic and behavior probationary status.
Applicants in need of financial aid may apply for Florida Tax Credit Scholarships, which Bethany is proud to accept. For more information, visit StepUpForStudents.org.
Federal law prohibits discrimination in admission practices because of race, color, sex, national origin or handicap. Bethany Christian School is a religious corporation and therefore may discriminate because of religion.
We have a number of different tuition options depending on your child’s age, grade and needs. Tuition rates are updated yearly and a break down can be found under the admissions link under Tuition & Rates.
We appreciate families that see the value in a private education. We offer 10% per sibling. We also offer discounts for military, first responders and pastors.
We have numerous programs and scholarships to help families with admissions and tuition. Qualifications for these programs are strict. We encourage anyone interested in these programs to call our office for more information.
BCS has a long history of athletics in the community and typically has 15-20 teams a year from preschool to middle school. Currently we are not offering high school sports, as we are working on re-designing our approach to it.
We are proud to maintain a ratio of 12 students to every 1 teacher, well below the national average of 17:1. This ensures a better learning environment and ability to teach at the level of the learner.
Florida specifies that children who have attained the age of five years on or before September 1 of the school year are eligible for admission to kindergarten during that school year.